Established in 1992, TRAC (Terrebonne Readiness Assistance Coalition) is the longest, continuously operating community-based disaster recovery/preparedness 501C3 organization in the nation, a testament to our unwavering commitment to long-term recovery, sustainability, and community-building.
24 YEARS: DISASTER PREPAREDNESS EDUCATION, RECOVERY, SUPPORT AND MITIGATION
TRAC’S MISSION IN ACTION:
Providing assistance in rebuilding following a crisis or disaster; helping clients navigate the recovery process and implement recovery plans; strengthening planning efforts and enhancing preparation for future disasters; and, empowering people to engage in community organization activities. TRAC achieves its Mission through comprehensive Long-Term Disaster Recovery Services, Disaster Preparedness Education, Residential Mitigation Assistance, and Individual Support Services through Case Management, Client Advocacy, Construction Management, Housing Recovery, Sustainable Affordable Rural/Coastal Housing Development, and Volunteer Management.
GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE AREAS:
TERREBONNE PARISH, LAFOURCHE PARISH, AND GRAND ISLE, LA (JEFFERSON PARISH)
Representing a unique population of over 208,000 residents and wetlands landscape, the Houma-Thibodaux Area is approximately 3,500 square miles.
Recognitions and Awards
- 1995: Featured in the 1st “Compendium of Exemplary Practices in Emergency Management”, FEMA
- 1996: Featured in the 1st “Good Ideas Book”, FEMA
- OCT 1995: Featured in 1st FEMA ACT NOW Video Conference Series
- JUN 1999: FEMA Award for “Superior Performance and Outstanding Achievement.”
- JUN 2006: Recognized for its best practices by the USDOTD in its Report to Congress on Catastrophic Hurricane Evacuation Plan Evaluation. Out of the six agencies chosen for this recognition, TRAC is the only non-profit and the only agency from Louisiana. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/reports/hurricanevacuation/
SPRING/SUMMER 2009: TRAC & LA Lift House -Featured in LIV /Volvo, Redmond Publishing Ltd, London “Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things.”
- MAY 2010: LA Lift House: Institute for Sustainable Communities featured Case Study
- MAY 2010: LA Lift House: Green Communities Criteria Certification
- AUG 2010: LA Lift House: “Climate Change & Adaptation, Feature film study – Oxfam America
1220 Aycock Street
Houma, Louisiana 70360
HOURS: 8:30AM – 4:30PM (M-F)